Steps 1, 2 & 3

Steps 1, 2 & 3
"Cracklin Rose" Design

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chandelier Make-Over


I found this beee-uuu-tiful chandelier over a year ago while Heather and I were rummaging around in the Habitat for Humanity Resell store.  I happened to be looking down into the box, when one of the clerks passed by, saw me looking it over and said "It's yours for $17 ". I immediately said "SOLD". Which caused Heather and me to crack up laughing at my spontaneous response.

 I think it took me a year or more to decide what to do with it because I was just not too enamored by the shiny brass finish and of course once I made my decision with what to do with it, I got so excited I forgot the before picture so I took one with all the parts in a pile.  
First thing to do was to remove all the crystals. Not as hard as you might think, since what holds them on are these very bendable hooks. Just a little twist and off they came.

               Surprisingly only one or two of these little hooks were missing.

 I love all the pretty crystals. Here they are all washed up and shiny clean.  Gives me goose bumps.
 
I knew I could not live with the brass, so the first thing to do was to decide on the color, so since I wasn't even sure if I would keep this or sell it, I decided something neutral and went with Chalk Paint® decorative paint color Old White.

The only brush choice was a small flat artist brush. Everything else was too big to reach into the small areas.
 

It all went pretty fast considering all the detail. The amazing Chalk Paint® decorative pint with it's great coverage and fast drying abilities is what made this job so darn easy. I had it painted with a coat of  clear wax in an afternoon and Jack was already replacing the electrical parts. 
 

Come see it at Wood Icing in Chesterfield Mall, Chesterfield, MO. Easy to find, because it is hanging right in front of our Chalk Paint® decorative paint display.

 



3 comments: