Sunday, October 16, 2011

My first blog entry EVER!

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting. For those of you that have never heard of Wood Icing I will briefly describe the product and it's purpose. It is a texturizing and dimensional paste used for resurfacing furniture & cabinetry. At least approximately 10 years ago, that is what it started out as. But, as it has become a friend to many, it has crossed over into the arts and crafts world as well.
To make a purchase or for more information please visit one or all of our websites.
In the Wood Icing Studio/Gallery, I manage the classroom and all things product, furniture or cabinetry related and my daughter Heather Haymart manages the Art Gallery, which is filled with the works of some of St Louis's most talented artist.
My purpose and reason for this blog is to connect with folks, to share ideas and to offer help and advice to those using or planning to use the product in their projects.
I will try to help with the technical question about the product and it's use on furniture and cabinetry and those designs but I will defer you to Heather for the fine art questions. She has been using Wood Icing in her abstract art from the beginning, therefore, she has all the experience and talent in that department.
I look forward to blogging with you.
Sincerely
Rose Wilde

7 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading and sharing and learning. Wood Icing is one of my most favorite products ever! I share it with anyone I think can use it and in every cabinet class and more. Thanks for an awesome product Rose and for being so kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Ande! Your work with Wood Icing is amazing. We are so lucky to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blog world, Rose! Great first post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging Mom! I love it already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you have a Wood Icing blog, Rose! I will definitely put a link to this blog on my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Rose! Wood Icing is an awesome product and an awesome place :) and now an awesome blog too! :) xokp

    ReplyDelete
  7. First I've seen of this technique and I really need to use it on my projects! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete